Nazi Era Reichspartietag 1938 Day Badge
In good condition with pin still attached.
Dark grey finish on aluminium back with name of manufacturer on back G Brehmer from Markneukirchen with RZM symbol and manufacturers number M9/4.
The first Nazi Party rallies took place in 1923 in Munich and in 1926 in Weimar. From 1927 on, they were held exclusively in Nuremberg. Nuremberg was selected for pragmatic reasons: It was situated in the center of the German Reich and the local Luitpoldhain was well suited as a venue. In addition, the Nazis were able to rely on the well organized local branch of the party in Franconia, then led by Gauleiter Julius Streicher. The Nuremberg police were sympathetic to the event. Later, the location was justified by putting it into the tradition of the Imperial Diet (German Reichstag) of the Holy Roman Empire, considered to be the First Reich. After 1933, the rallies were held near the time of the Autumn equinox, under the title of “National Congress of the Party of the German People” (Reichsparteitage des deutschen Volkes), which was intended to symbolize the solidarity between the German people and the Nazi Party. This point was further emphasized by the yearly growing number of participants, which finally reached over half a million from all sections of the party, the army and the state.
1938 – The 10th Party Congress was named the “Rally of Greater Germany” (Reichsparteitag Großdeutschland). This was due to the annexation of Austria to Germany that had taken place earlier in the year.
thirdreichcollectables.co.uk the site for Nazi/Third Reich memorabilia and militaria. Collectable Nazi propaganda, badges, NSDAP magazines and newspapers, documents and more. A great site for WW2 German Third Reich militaria.